I’m Starting To Get Old Methinks…
So I am officially the Assistant Manager of Lougheed and Sperling Chevron. Not someone in undermanagement, not a supervisor, the Assistant Manager. There has to be paperwork filed with the corporation and everything I’m told. I don’t think the position has ever been given to anyone my age before. Now don’t get me wrong. I AM NOT the 2IC. I have been offered a similar position twice before, but accepting the offers wasn’t appropriate for me at the time.
I feel truly bad about it though. It’s unfortunate that it was good timing for me. I’m trying something new where I think my problems with my diabetes are because of the hours I’m working. I noticed it right away but chose to ignore it until now, that my blood sugar shifted around the same time I moved stations. My blood sugar was not this devastating in June. So I am not working Graveyards anymore. Something will have to be done, because I need December 28th off. I’d like to have Christmas day off too, which should be totally manageable, but this is going to bite down hard on the times I will need off. Ultimately if this proves too complicating, I can always tell him that it’s just not working, and go back to what I have now. It can be done. I was mildly unimpressed because I have already managed to have a really difficult time seeing my doctor in the first day in this position (I was supposed to have my flu shot, but I overslept and missed my appointment. I called to reschedule but couldn’t make an appointment because I’m at work the entire time they’re open. She had to squish me in today when she didn’t want to. 😦 )
I’m surprised how terribly painless the flu shot was. I felt the poke but it was really nothing. He used the tiny needle. This poor kid went in for it before me and was screaming bloody goddamn murder. It was not what I wanted to hear while trying to work up the nerve to go in myself. But it was harmless.
I was supposed to go to Nanaimo but they cancelled all the ferries. I could have taken the 7pm but by then I had been awake for 30 hours and figured I should just wait until morning. At least then I would have a better indication if the possibility of it happening again and jeopardizing my return trip was a possibility.
NINE last things you did
9. last place you were: KFC
8. last tv show watched: Buffy The Vampire Slayer
7. last beverage: Sugarfree Red Bull
6. last movie watched: Serenity
5. last phone call: Steven
4. last song played: Bif Naked – Abandonment
3. last bubble bath: Years and years ago.
2. last time you cried: Last month
1. last alcoholic drink: In April
EIGHT have you evers
8. have you ever dated someone twice: No
7. have you ever BEEN cheated ON: Yes
6. have you ever kissed someone: Yes
5. have you ever kissed someone you regret: Yes
4. have you ever fallen in love: Yes
3. have you ever lost someone: Yes
2. have you ever been depressed: Yes
1. have you ever been drunk and thrown up: Yes
SEVEN states (or provinces) you’ve been to.(not including the one u live in now)
1. British Columbia (haha I cheated)
FIVE things you do on a daily basis
2. Drink a bevarage
3. Listen to music
4. Put clothes on
THREE favorite colors
So Far in 2006 I have:
Been to school – Yes
Made a new friend – Yes
Laughed until you cried – Yes
Went behind your parents back – No
Cried over an ex – No
Disappointed someone close – Yes
Pretended to be happy – Yes
Met someone who changed your life – Yes
Lost someone close to you – Yes
Gotten close to someone – Yes
Given up something important to you – Yes
Found out who your true friends were – Yes
1. Are you currently mad at someone?: No
2. Which of your friends has the worst temper?: Melissa
3. Have you ever thrown something at anyone?: Yes
4. Does your face turn red when you’re angry?: Yes
5. When you’re mad do you prefer to stare angrily or yell and scream?: Usually stare or yell
1. Has anyone ever thrown you a suprise party?: No
2. Are you easily excited?: Occasionally
3. What event is coming up that you’re most excited about?: Maretta’s Wedding
4. Which of your friends gets you the most excited: Can’t think of one in particular
5. If you won a million dollars what would be your first thought?: YESSSS!!!!!
6. If you could have anything right now: That million dollars
7. Love or money?: LOVE
Do you support?
1. Sex before marriage?: Yes, but I think that waiting is the right thing to do if you can.
2. Lowering the drinking age?: No
4. Capital Punishment?: Only under appropriate circumstances
5. Abortion?: Yes
6. Recycling?: Yes
1. Where do you hang your towel to dry after showering?: In a pile on the floor
2. What kind of mouse pad do you have?: Plain green one with wrist rest
3. Do you brush your hair with a comb or a brush?: Brush
4. In your opinion, who do you think is the hottest celebrity?: Scarlett Johansson
5. You have a project due tomorrow, do you use tape or glue? Tape
6. Chicken or pork?: Chicken
7. By the time you get to school, is it still dark?: No
8. If you had a choice to be a unicorn or mermaid which would it be?: Mermaid
9. What color is your underwear?: Red
10. What time does the sun usually set? Like 4:30
11. What/who do you think of last before you go to sleep?: Steve
12. AC or fan?: AC
13. Do you wear braces?: No
14. Can you do a hand stand?:
15. If you were the opposite sex, how would you style your hair?: Fauxhawk
16. What level English are you in?: High one??
17. Jessica Simpson or Alba?: Alba
18. Which subject is worse, English or Math?: Math! I AM TOO PRETTY TO DO MATH!
19. What’s one thing you really want to do this very moment?: SLEEP
20. What movie are you embarrassed to admit you’ve watched?: House Of The Dead
21. CD player or iPOD?: iPod… even though they’re evil.
22. Would you rather spin upside down going 30 mph or drop 400 feet from a bungie cord?: Bugie jump. Definitely.
23. Whats your favorite shape?: Star
24. What do you have planned for the weekend?: Going to see my Mommy
26. If you were put in a room with nothing except for a pencil and paper, what would you do?: Write a song.
27. Is it always easy finding your remote every time you want to watch TV?: HA! No.
28. How was your day?: Shitty and long.
29. Do you grow your nails, bite or cut?: I grow them but I groom them well.
30. Describe your handwriting: Pritty.
31. Do you consider yourself a stalker?: ?No?
32. Do you bruise easily?: Yes
33. There’s nothing on TV except Barney and Japanese news what do you do?: Meditate or make amusing voice overs while watching the Japanese news on MUTE.
34. Do you know more then 3 myspace codes?: Yes
35. You got an essay due, you either can type or write in pen, which will it be?: Type
36. Do you wear jeans to relax at home?: No
37. Describe yourself using three words: Strange, Delicate, Vast
38. Do you use deodorant?: Yes.
39. Do you like ice in your drink?: Yes